Saturday, September 22, 2012

PRINTED MATTERS BY SHEPARD FAIREY

A very big name in street art and street culture had a showing at The Public Trust in Deep Ellum recently. We are talking about Shepard Fairey. Yes the talented artist behind the brand Obey. Weather you have been following Shepard Fairey before the heavy exposure and his clothing line Obey or you are the owner of an Obey shirt and didn't know who designed that awesome shirt you just bought you would love the show. A lot of great art on the walls which isn't a surprise being that it is Shepard Fairey. I myself am I huge fan of his work and the way he layers his art to create texture. He also had pieces in metal which were super sweet. This show was a great inspiration and I was thrilled to be able to catch it on opening night. Unfortunately the artist was not able to make an appearance but I was perfectly content with just seeing his art. If you have'nt caught the show I believe it will be up until October 20th so don't wait any longer go stop by and check it out for your self.